Friday, May 30, 2008

We are Back!!

So earlier this week we got back from our vacation to Utah for Jake's Wedding. We had a better trip than we had originally anticipated. We got to see most of our friends, hang out with our families, and enjoy not being in school or working. Our trip home was quite busy & ended before we knew it. Here is what we were able to accomplish: Arrived in Logan at 2 am on Saturday morning to stay the night with my brother in his new apartment. We ended up talking until about 5 am and my poor brother had to get up at 8:30 am to get to work. Sorry Brian but we had a good time catching up. We met up with my friend, Brienne and her family for breakfast that morning at IHOP. Her little boy, Cooper, is getting so big and is really adorable. Brie looks fantastic and is due to have her baby girl any day now.


After lunch, we headed back down to Salt Lake to drop our stuff off at my mom's place and headed to my nephew's baseball game in Lehi. At the baseball game I got to see my sister, Carrie, and her family. I love my nephews and little niece so much. They are super cute and they are all growing up so quickly. So after the game, we pretty much headed back to my mom's to crash. It was a pretty eventful first day and we were exhausted.


We pretty much didn't do ANYTHING on Sunday. It was the only day of our entire trip that we were able to relax and not run from place to place. So, on Monday Ben & I took our moms out to dinner for a belated Mother's Day. It was nice to get both moms together and enjoy some good Mexican food.

Tuesday, we got to see my other nephew's baseball game in Taylorsville. Jesse had a really good couple of at bats. It was fun to get to see my sister and her boys. They are also getting so big! Other than the horrible wind storm that almost blew me over and didn't help with my allergies... the game was great. We also had a chance to see Ben's friend, Jimmy, that night. We met his adorable girl friend and watched American Idol. Jimmy is always fun to hang out with & we always have a good time. Never a dull moment with Jimmy Rex!

Wednesday was a pretty relaxed day from what I can remember. The days are all becoming a bit of a blur. I was supposed to get together with Shayla for dinner that night but she got too busy for me and had to reschedule. She is lucky that I was able to reschedule.... I am a pretty busy girl. Just Kidding!! Ben went with his brother Jake that night to Jake's Bachelor Party at SkyBar. I went home and hung out with my mom and got some much needed sleep.

Thursday, we got together with my dad & Angela for lunch at Ben's favorite place... NEILS. It was nice to catch up with my dad and Ben loved the food! Later that night, I got together with my bestest friend, Hallie. She just recently had a baby girl named Berkley and I had to go see her. We talked for hours and time flew by. Before I knew it, it was late and past every one's bedtime. Berkley is just adorable and Hallie looks great. Her house is super cute & she looks so happy. When Ben came to pick me up, Nick (Hallie's husband) ran out to the car to show off baby Berkley. He handed the baby through the car window so that Ben could hold her. The funny thing about this is.... Ben is not a big baby person. I ran out to see what Ben would do and he was holding Berkley and looked like a natural. After we left, Ben kept saying how tiny she was. Cute!


Here is the disclaimer to this picture: Hallie only let me post this picture if I mentioned that she just got out of the shower and didn't have any make-up on. Thanks for letting me post this picture. We have not had a picture of the two of us taken for such a long time. Love you!

Early Friday afternoon I was able to get together for lunch with Shayla. We went to Morelia to catch up and eat some more great Mexican food. It was so good to see her and hear about her new hubby. Thanks Shayla for getting together & catching up. So on Friday afternoon the wedding festivities began. In the afternoon we had family pictures with the Summerhays'. This was probably my favorite part of the trip. Apparently, we must be a hard family to photograph because he was really struggling to get us together and ALL looking good. He was trying for the "natural" shot and not counting to 3. Not a good decision!! The majority of the pictures didn't come out very well at all. I finally convinced the photographer to take a few more shots and to count to 3. We got a few pictures to choose from... which is nice. While we were hanging out waiting for Ben's dad to pay and choose frames and all that stuff.... I think that we all went a bit loopy. Ben's sisters, Emily & Becky (aka "The Beck" ha ha)started messing around and posing for some shots. I got out my camera and was able to capture a few of them. We were all laughing so hard.


After the family photo shoot, we had the wedding dinner at the Lion House. It was a nice dinner and we had to continue a bit of our fun from the family pictures. Somehow I got Jake to play a song on the piano that he learned when he was really young in front of everyone.... oh yeah, I know how.... TWENTY DOLLARS! Abraham Lincoln will forever be my favorite piano song. Becky caught it all on video, so we will be able to relive this memory over and over again.

So the wedding was on Saturday in the Timpanogos Temple. It turned out to be a beautiful day for the bride & groom. They looked so happy and it turned out to be a wonderful wedding. The reception was held later on that night. It was nice to get to see some old family friends and continue hanging out with Ben's family and mine too. There were some exciting events that occurred.... those to be shared at a later time. :)

So we ended up leaving on Sunday morning to get back to LOVELY Spokane. Ben was a superstar and drove the entire thing by himself. I was really grateful because I was exhausted and kept dozing off on the 10 hour drive home. All in all... It was a great trip back to Utah. We always wish that we had more time to spend with friends and family but I think that we did a pretty good job this trip of seeing as many people as possible. Oh yeah, and Odie did a great job on the road trip. He sat on my lap the entire drive.

17 comments:

Nick, Hallie, Boston, and Berkley said...

Oh Nat... what a trip. I'm really glad you got to do most all the things you wanted to do and saw who you wanted. You were really busy running around all week. I'm so happy that we got to spend time together. That was fun. Thanks for the disclaimer statement on the picture, that you look so cute in by the way and I look not so cute. Lets just say that. Anyway, after holding Berkley I think Ben wants to have a baby now! hehe Seeing Ben hold Berkley was really cute. He'll be a great dad.
I'm glad you like Mexican, looks like you ate Mexican quite a bit while you were here. We must be sisters cuz we both love Mexican! Remember when we used to joke about us being sisters to people? and they believed it? Those were good times.
I want to hear about the stories from the wedding some time. Sounds like there are some funny ones. I read on carrie's blog you have some stories you want to share. I want to hear them too.
Glad you two made it home safe after a 10 hr car ride.
Love you sis!

The Cowleys said...

Wow! Sounds like fun! I wish we could have seen you guys. Congrats to Ben's brother!

April said...

Sounds busy and fun! That picture of you and Hallie is super cute. I'm glad to hear she is doing good!

Gage and Meg said...

Welcome back to LOVELY Spokane!... I love that you call it LOVELY, like you were so excited to get back!! ;) It looks like you guys had a great time! I'm jealous; I need a Utah fix pretty quick here... Anyway, we should go get some din this next weekend if you guys aren't too busy.

Anna said...

Oh, Natalie. Thanks for that great post. It actually felt like I was visiting Utah for a bit when reading it. I didn't know Brian is in Logan, hope he's doing well. Bri looks awesome. Tell her congrats with everything and the new baby. Hallie looks great, too. Tell her hello. I love that you posted a picture of you! Cute hair. Of course you ended up at Morelia's. That's Natalie. Sounds like the wedding was just so much fun. I'm glad your Mom and family was so excited to see you guys. Thanks for the great post and glad you were able to do all that you wanted. Wish I could plan trips like that. It's hard! Oh, and by the way, Sam moves down here the middle of July. Maddy moves down the middle of August (she had a couple classes to finish up). So, of course the hottest months of the year, but that's how it goes. Talk to you later. Love ya!

Annie said...

Loved the trip recap and all the pictures. I especially love that one of you and Hallie. Such a cute picture. And the disclaimer made me laugh because I could just hear Hallie saying it. Love that girl (who looks way cute even just out of the shower) and love that you finally have a current picture of you on your blog. So cute (and tan!). Glad Odie traveled so well. Let's try to do lunch next time you're here.

carrie said...

Nat...I wish I could have spent a lot more time with you while you were out here. I only got to see you for a short time. I was bummed.... Matthew got a kick out of you coming to see his game. He would love to have you guys here all the time. I can't wait to hear all about the wedding. I'm sure it was fun....and I would love to see pictures. I love the pics of your friends, too. Hallie looks so stinking cute. She looks amazing without makeup...and I can't believe how good she looks already. No fair.... Anyway, I'm glad you had fun, and I'm glad your doggie traveled so well. I was really curious how all that would go....and if you had to sign a contract. hee hee Talk to you soon, I hope!! Love you guys.

Laura said...

Holy cow I'd say you guys were busy! I bet you were tired when you got home. It sounds like so much fun. It is always so fun to go visit people because you are the fun ones that nobody ever sees so your extra cool:) That picture of you and your friend is soooo cute. You look so cute. I am glad you guys had fun.

Jana Lever said...

Hey Natalie. I love reading about you guys. Thanks for keeping it updated. You can visit my blog it's nateandjana.blogspot.com. Nate just does the nateandjana.com and didn't keep it updated very much, but I will keep the blogspot one updated more frequently. I got those aviator glasses from the children's place. i think they were only 4 or 5 bucks. They are totally rad huh?? I you can get them.
Jana

The Vigil's said...

Oh I didn't even realize you came here already! Hallie needs to let me know next time! Well I'm glad you had a good trip! And I'm going to tell hallie that she is a dork because she looks great whether she has makeup on or not. Silly girl...

The Hale's said...

Wow! What an eventful trip. That awesome that you got to squeeze so much in... in the time you were here! Looks like you had tons of fun.

Carrie said...

It's about time you put a picture of your cute face on here! And it does look like the sun has been kind to you miss tan.

Andrea Hatch said...

I am so sad we weren't in town when you guys were there! Sounds like you were so busy!

Findlay Family said...

Nat,

Nice pic....you didn't run it past me if you could have the rights to the picture like you did Hallie:) Thanks for taking the time to see us, it meant alot.

EmilyS said...

oh. my. heck.

I need that picture really badly, because I look effin' AWESOME in it.

The Beck looks a'ight, too.

Alysha said...

It must be wedding season because we were just in utah for my little bro-in-law's wedding! It sounds like you had such a great trip and I loved to hear about the photo-taking. Family shots were a joke for us with all of the little ones!

Hilllary Howland said...

I'm so sad that we didn't get to see you guys!! Sounds like you guys had a good trip though. Ours was food poising and primary children's the whole time we were there. It was awful! The the high school flashback. And I have to say thanks for all the super comments you leave on the blog!!

Hillary