Tuesday, June 10, 2008

High School Flashback

1. Did you date someone from your school? While I was in high school… No, but I married someone from my high school.
2. Did you win anything in Senior's Who's Who? Nope
3. What kind of car did you drive? I got a Honda Civic and then a basketball teammate rear ended me, totaling my car. I then drove my dad’s Land Cruiser & Audi.
4. It's Friday night...where are you? During basketball season…. At the games and on the off chance that we didn’t have a game, sleeping because we probably had early morning practice (literally 6:00 am)
5. Were you a party animal? My friends were. I pretty much ended up driving them around to different parties
6. Were you considered a flirt? Not in high school!
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Wow! The picture of me being in any of those groups, makes me laugh. I am not musically talented AT ALL
8. Were you a nerd? Not really, but I definitely took some nerdy classes: Calculus, Advanced Chemistry, Physics, etc
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope
10. Can you sing the fight song? I know that we had one, but I remember laughing when they sang the song in an assembly because I didn’t know they had one and no one knew the words but the cheerleaders. 
11. Who were your favorite teachers? I like Mrs. Barclay. She was also my assistant basketball coach and math teacher
12. Where did you sit during lunch? We always went out to lunch
13. What was your school's full name? Murray High School
14. School mascot? The Spartan
15. Did you go to Homecoming and with who? So Yr: Nate Barney Jr Yr: Mike Neider Sr Yr: Ben Larsen
16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Parts of it YES, but I was not a huge fan of high school.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember helping someone sneak in a beach ball to blow up and throw around during the ceremony.
18. Where did you go senior skip day? Did we really have one of these?
19. Were you in any clubs? Ok so Ben makes fun of me all the time for being this club because he said it was totally nerdy so let me explain: My favorite teacher that was also my basketball coach was in charge of JETS. She didn’t have enough members so another basketball teammate and I joined to help her out. I only remember meeting twice and one of those meetings was for the yearbook picture.
20. Have you gained some weight since then? YEAH!! I was in the best shape ever. We had a drill sergeant for a basketball coach and ran for hours each day
21. Who was your prom date? Jr Prom was with Scott Asay
22. Are you planning on going to your reunion? No thanks

Now I tag: Anna, Carrie, Sherri, and really EVERYONE.

10 comments:

Nick, Hallie, Boston, and Berkley said...

First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Nat! I was planning on doing a post on my blog for you today to wish you a Happy Birthday but I'm really sick with the flu. I hardly have enough strength to type right now but I wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday, again. Thanks for always being there for me and for being such a great friend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATALIE!!! I love ya!!!
P.S. Just for the record. You were a major flirt as soon as you graduated from high school! hehe

Anonymous said...

Sorry again...ten years later about totaling your civic. OOPSIE. I swear I hit black Ice.. Anyways a Land Cruiser and an Audi seem like a much better Replacement :) Tausha

carrie said...

I'm with Hallie.... I wanted to do a post for you, too. Maybe I will today. :o) Thanks a lot for tagging me. Now I have to relive my high school fun times. ha ha Just teasing.... I loved my high school times. I'll do it this week, for sure. I loved reading all your fun stories. I never knew your car got hit though.... I'm sorry!! :o) Call me.... I've called you TWICE this week. Grrrrr..... Just teasing.

Anna said...

I couldn't remember who totaled your car, then I did remember when I saw Tausha's comment. :) Thanks for tagging me, geez, I honestly can't remember who I dated for this or that or some other things, so maybe I'll have to find a yearbook and spend time going through that...it's fun to look at Chris' and see all the juicy stuff girls wrote to him. :)

Alysha said...

I seriously doubt you have gained any weight-you look fabulous!
I swear i never knew that your hubby when to Murray-did you know each other then?

Findlay Family said...

Highschool sucked the big one...the only thing I would go back and do again was basketball. It kept me out of trouble:)

Findlay Family said...

by-the-way...I love your background on this blog and HAPPY LATE B-DAY...I called you, but I will call again this week sometime. love you

Annie said...

Your new background is super cute and I loved your high school flashback. I thought about doing the tag and then thought I'd rather die than re-live and own up to some of my high school experiences. But, I totally know the fight song! :)

Shayla said...

I like Graham too just because he was so good lookin'. I thought she should have gotten rid of Jesse. I mean he's great but there is not way she would have a "relationship" with him. I mean seriously!!! She should have kept Graham and given him another chance to open up. I would LOVE if she brought him back. That would be great. I cried when Jason had to leave and everyone got all emotional. It was sad, but cute. I hate that it's only once a week too.
P.S. Where did Ben apply to transfer to?

Anonymous said...

Good words.