Thursday, December 4, 2008

Colorado Weather Confusion

So I was meaning to do a nice Thanksgiving week post but I haven't gotten around to doing it. I just thought that I would tell all of you about some really weird weather that has been going on around here. Well it was so nice before Thanksgiving (around 65 degrees) and then on Thanksgiving it snows. Well, I guess that is to be somewhat expected because we are Rocky Mountain Territory. Here is where the weirdness comes in. Our weather on Monday= 60 degrees Our weather on Tuesday= 75 degrees Our weather Wednesday= 25 degrees with this weird snow-like thing coming from the sky. Ben thought that it might be too cold to snow. That was only some wishful thinking/hoping on our part. Well, I wake up this morning to about 3-4 inches of snow and still snowing throughout the day and a high of 16 degrees. Are you kidding me? Where did that 75 degree day go and why was it teasing me? I sure do not like the snow so I am trying to be positive and hope for a short winter. Warm weather in February.... I think that sounds good to me. :) (I might get to that Thanksgiving post before Christmas)

13 comments:

Katie Muir said...

I completely understand the awful feelings associated with snow, ice, cold, wind, temps below 25. etc. My most frequent word used when describing winter is "debilitating". We pray for short winters too!!

Laura said...

That would be really fun. When are you guys coming? That would be so fun to do lunch or whatever just let me know:)

The Davidson's said...

Weather here has been wacky too. the skiers and snowboarders are not too happy about now with our Rockies so not white.

Anna said...

strange! Hope it warms up...we just barely turned our heater on last night, not to make you jealous or anything. :) Thanks for the nice email for my birthday. Hope you have a great time. Do you get to go to Utah for Christmas? Hope so.

Anna said...

Yes, I am scheduled for before Christmas. Most likely on the 19th, possibly the 18th. We won't be heading anywhere, but I hope you have a good time. We are lucky to have my mom come and visit for a long time. Mom's are always nice to be there. :) I'll keep you posted.

Carrie said...

It's almost as jacked up as Utah's weather...almost! :)

Aania Gowans said...

Yuck! I am glad that it has not snowed a bunch here yet! I seriously hope that we have a short sweet winter as well! I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving with your mom so get posting!

carrie said...

Our weather has been crazy, too. I am not a fan of the snow, either.... I like to look at it, but sure don't like to drive in it! :o) Let me know when you're going to be out here. I don't even know if you're driving or flying.... There are some great deals on airfare right now. Shane got tickets for him and Matthew for less than $100 each way to Pittsburgh. I couldn't believe that. Anyway, talk to you soon!

Terra and Phil said...

We are going to be in Utah for christmas this year, actually for a while too! Since I'm not working and philip has a break from school we will be there for a couple weeks. How about you guys? What are your big christmas plans?

Steph said...

I'm hoping for a short winter, too!! At least you probably see the sunshine during the winter months in Colorado!--I want a little pity because if you can remember Spokane's winter...we won't be seeing the sun until April, if we're lucky!

JulesandBriPoulson said...

ok, now that is some crazy weather! I guess that keeps things exciting. We were so happy to finally get snow here.

Merry Christmas to you guys!

carrie said...

Hey, what straightener do you use?

mid said...

https://www.psniang.com/2019/08/5-cara-mengajukan-pinjaman-kta-biar.html